Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Checkmate Fought The Law And The Law Won; SCPD over Orange 6-3


Holtsville, NY--Led by solid goal -tending from Keith Huber (St. John's '89), SCPD improved to 3-2 on the season with a decisive win over Checkmate Orange last Friday night at the PAL Athletic Complex. Huber who normally splits halves with the other SCPD goalie played the entire contest. Returning to form which garnered him team MVP honors in his senior campaign at East Islip in 1985, Huber continued his dominant play between the pipes, which started two weeks ago with spectacular play at the Lake Placid Summit Lacrosse Tournament.

When questioned about his almost year long hiatus from Nor'Easter lax play he quipped “That was a long road, but one thing I knew was that I was determined to get back. I knew that if I ever got the opportunity to come back I was going to make the best of it. I had to do everything I possibly could to get back on the field and get a chance to play.”

SCPD held Checkmate to 2 goals at the half leading 4-2, and allowed only 1 goal the entire second half.

The Long Island Lax Blog was wondering how he felt about carrying the burden (in net) the entire game; “I feel like I can do that,” Huber said. “I can go out there and get the job done, especially in this league. We’ve got two totally different styles and I think we complement each other very well.”


SCPD's next game is versus Land Sharks Blue on 8/20 @ 10pm.


Checkmate Orange drops to 1-1. Next game is against Checkmate Black 8/27 @10 pm.

2 comments:

  1. Hats off to Huber! Good to finaly get some blog-worthy performances mentioned. I'm getting sick of hearing about Broadway's manicures and moonwalks or "Blankets" hair relaxing sessions. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Huber! Way to take it to those fools. The entire lax community is proud of you! Where was JM Cortese, riding the pine as usual I presume?

    ReplyDelete